|Mrs King - License to Spy|
|Series 04, Episode 04|
|Airdate||January 18, 2010|
|Next||Don't Cook Now|
Mrs King - License to Spy episode 4 of Series 4.
Mrs King's memory wipe is failing. Soon she will remember that in the basement of her school Rose, Carrie, Oscar and Frank work as spies for M.I.9. This will have catastrophic results for all - they will have to disband and leave M.I.9 for good.
Frank and the spies develop a strategy to help Mrs King forget once and for all. They cannot use another memory wipe, as this could leave Mrs King with permanent brain damage. Instead they construct an elaborate mission for her to complete as a real spy. If it works, she should think it was her subconscious mind playing tricks on her and it was all just a dream. If it fails, the spies' careers are over. There is only one problem, Mrs King is a brilliant spy and unearths a real SKUL villain at Saint Hopes. Will the spies believe her?
- References to the spy genre.
- ”Green Finger” -- The title is a reference to the James Bond novel and film “Goldfinger”.
- ”Mission: Incredible”
- The title is a reference to “Mission: Impossible”.
- The theft is similiar to the first “Mission: Impossible” film and several of the “Mission: Impossible” series episodes.
- The method used to expose Janus as a KORPS agent is similiar to the storylines seen in “Mission: Impossible” when the Impossible Missions Force needed to convince someone that a trusted advisor had changed loyalties.
- ”Moontaker” -- The title is a reference to the James Bond novel and film “Moonraker”
- ”Mrs King - License to Spy” -- The title is a reference to a license to kill.
- ”Revenge is Sweet”
- ”The Others” -- James Blond is parody of James Bond
- ”We Need to Talk About KORTEX” -- Stella Knight is seen reading the James Bond novel “The Spy Who Loved Me”.
- This episode links in with previous episode in Series 3, "Dark Star".
- Second and last appearance of Walter Bailey. First appearance in "Nano Nits".
- The carrots that Walter were carrying at the beginning were most likely for Flopsy.